RCI, or Resort Condominiums International, is a leading timeshare exchange network that allows timeshare owners to exchange their vacation ownership for stays at other resorts around the world. The company has been in business for over 40 years and has a network of over 4,000 resorts in more than 110 countries.
How RCI works:
- Membership: To participate in RCI, timeshare owners must become members of the RCI exchange program. This typically requires an annual fee and a commitment to exchange their timeshare through the RCI network.
- Depositing your timeshare: Once you become an RCI member, you can deposit your timeshare into the exchange network. This allows you to use your timeshare for stays at other resorts in the RCI network.
- Searching for available resorts: RCI has an online platform that allows members to search for available resorts based on their preferred location, dates, and type of accommodation.
- Making a reservation: Once you have found a resort that you are interested in, you can make a reservation through the RCI platform. This typically requires the use of exchange points, which are used to confirm the reservation.
- Confirming the exchange: After you have confirmed the reservation, RCI will send you a confirmation of the exchange, including details on the resort and your stay.
- Staying at the resort: Once you arrive at the resort, you can enjoy your vacation just as you would at any other resort. You will have access to all the amenities and services offered by the resort.
RCI is a popular choice for timeshare owners because it provides a flexible and convenient way to exchange their vacation ownership for stays at other resorts. Additionally, RCI has a large network of resorts around the world, giving timeshare owners access to a wide range of vacation options.
It is important to keep in mind that exchange programs like RCI typically require a commitment to exchange your timeshare, and the availability of resorts and dates can vary depending on demand. Additionally, the cost of an exchange through RCI may include additional fees, such as exchange fees, maintenance fees, and taxes.
If you are a timeshare owner and are interested in exchanging your vacation ownership through RCI, it is recommended to carefully review the terms and conditions of the exchange program, as well as any associated costs, before making a decision.