Getting out of a Diamond Resorts timeshare can be a challenging process, especially if you can’t sell, donate, transfer, or rent your timeshare. Here are a few options you may consider:
- Negotiate with Diamond Resorts: If you’re struggling to make payments on your timeshare, you may be able to negotiate a new payment plan or a lump-sum settlement with Diamond Resorts. Keep in mind that they may not be willing to work with you, but it’s worth a try.
- File a complaint with the FTC: If you feel you were misled or taken advantage of when you purchased your Diamond Resorts timeshare, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC may take action against Diamond Resorts if they find that the company has engaged in deceptive or unfair practices.
- Consult a lawyer: If you’re facing legal action from Diamond Resorts, it may be wise to consult a lawyer. A lawyer can advise you on your rights and help you defend yourself in court.
- Stop making payments: If you’ve tried all other options and feel that your only option is to simply stop making payments, be aware that this can have serious consequences, including legal action and damage to your credit score.
- Hire a timeshare exit company: These companies specialize in helping timeshare owners get out of their timeshare contracts. Make sure the company uses attorneys during the exit process and offers a no upfront fee escrow option. Most timeshare exit solutions take about 8-12months to help cancel your contract legally and permanently. If you need help selecting an exit company, give us a call or start a chat.
In conclusion, getting out of a Diamond Resorts timeshare can be a difficult process, but there are several options available to those who can’t sell, donate, transfer, or rent their timeshare. Before making any decisions, it’s important to carefully consider all of your options and seek the advice of a qualified exit company.