Getting out of a Branson, Missouri timeshare that you feel you were lied to and pressured into purchasing can be a difficult process, but it is possible to do so with the right approach. Here are some options to consider when trying to exit a Branson, Missouri timeshare:
- Contact the developer or resort: The first step should be to contact the developer or resort to see if they have any options for canceling the contract or relinquishing ownership. Some developers and resorts may have buyback or resale programs that allow owners to return their timeshare.
- Review the contract: Review the contract and look for any provisions that would allow you to cancel the contract, such as a cooling-off period or a clause that states the contract is voidable if you were misled or coerced into purchasing the timeshare.
- File a complaint: If you feel that you were lied to or pressured into purchasing the timeshare, file a complaint with the Missouri attorney general’s office, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Hire a timeshare exit company: There are companies that specialize in helping people to get out of their timeshares, these companies claim to use legal means to help you cancel your contract and relinquish your ownership. However, be aware that some of these companies may use high-pressure tactics or charge high fees for their services, and some may not be trustworthy.
- Seek legal advice: If you are unable to resolve the issue through other means, you may need to seek legal advice from an attorney experienced in real estate or consumer law. A lawyer may be able to help you understand your rights and options for canceling the contract and recovering any damages you may have incurred.
It’s important to keep in mind that exiting a timeshare can be a time-consuming and potentially expensive process, and there is no guarantee of success. However, with the right approach and persistence, it is possible to successfully exit a Branson, Missouri timeshare.
In summary, if you feel you were lied to or pressured into purchasing a Branson, Missouri timeshare, there are several options you can consider. You should contact the developer or resort, review the contract, file a complaint, hire a timeshare exit company or seek legal advice. Each option has its own set of pros and cons, and it’s important to carefully consider your options before making a decision. It’s also important to be aware that exiting a timeshare can be a time-consuming and potentially expensive process, and there is no guarantee of success.